Correspondents Group Chat
Message #1
Not Solved Correspondents Group Chat
Hi my name is Ethan McDowell and I just spent the past 30 minutes figuring out these forums. I've attended a journalism conference like this before, and something I found really helped was creating a groupchat so everyone could get to know each other in the months leading up to the camp. Would anyone else be interested in this? I'm totally ambivalent on what platform we use for this groupchat so if anyone has suggestions let me know!
Message #2
Not Solved RE: Correspondents Group Chat
Last year for the WJMC 2017 conference a group of us used groupme for a group chat and you will use groupme alot while your at the conference to keep in contact with your advisorand junior faculty advisor. Also be sure to always keep your devices charged.
Message #3
Hello! My name is Lauren, and I am an alumni of WJMC 2017 and current member of the Youth Advisory Board. As far as creating group chats are concerned, one piece of advice I have is to put "WJMC 2018" or something of that nature in your social media bios! This will help other 2018 correspondents to know you are attending, which in turn will help you meet people. I hope this helps, and feel free to message me if you need any advice or have questions!
[+] 2 users likes this post.
Message #4
Thanks for that tip, Lauren. It makes a lot of sense! Did anyone already meet people doing this?