How Do I Register?
Message #1
How Do I Register?
To be a student at our programs and represent their school, students must be nominated. Nominations may be made by high school educators, alumni of WYSE/WJMC (with permission from their school administrator), or by George Mason University through information we receive about students' interests and academic ability via college entrance exams such as SAT or ACT, or through data from NRCCUA (National Research Center for College and University Administrators), which conducts high school interest/career surveys. Educators and WYSE/WJMC Alumni are invited to complete a nomination form on behalf of a student. The student will be notified and given the opportunity to accept his/her nomination. Students must be in good academic standing: with a minimum 3.5 GPA; a demonstrated interest in journalism; and be willing to represent their school and state as a National Youth Delegate or National Youth Correspondent.

We will accept applications directly from students for a select number of spaces. Students must demonstrate academic excellence: leadership, experience, and interest in journalism and media. In addition, self-nominating students must submit additional writing samples. Applications will be reviewed by George Mason University Admissions staff and WYSE/WJMC faculty. To self-nominate, click here.

Jump to Board:

Expand chat