Scholarship Information
Not Solved Scholarship Information
Hello,
First thank you for the invitation to the forum. I am a Junior attending Las Vegas Academy of the Arts.  I wish to go into the field of jounalism and media in the future and would love the chance to take part in this conference.  How do I apply for a scholarship to attend the forum?  I am unable to afford the cost on my own but would be willing to work hard to do whatever is necessary to help earn my way to the conference. Thank you again for the information.

Sincerely,

Rebecca Gort
Not Solved RE: Scholarship Information
Hi there, tonsofpuns.

Welcome to the WSP Forums!  I'm glad to see that you're interested in attending the Washington Journalism and Media Conference!  I attended the Conference myself in 2014 and can honestly say it was one of the best weeks of my life.

To apply for a partial scholarship, please e-mail wjmc@gmu.edu or fax 703-993-2631 with the following:
  • Unofficial copy of high school transcript
  • Most recent 1040 federal income tax form
  • Statement on why you would like to attend WJMC, including why you believe you are deserving of a scholarship
The deadline for the 2017 Scholarship Application is December 9, 2016.  Students who receive a scholarship award will be notified via email by December 16, 2016 and are guaranteed a space at WJMC 2017.

We also have a fundraising guide that you can view here that should help you in your efforts to raise money to attend the Conference.

I hope this helps!  Please feel free to reach out to us here on the Forums if you have any other questions 16x16_smiley-happy
Sam
Social Media Supervisor 
The Washington Scholars Program

Private Message
Remember to give Kudos if you like a post or Accept as Solution if it answers your query!
Not Solved RE: Scholarship Information
To apply for a partial scholarship, please e-mail wjmc@gmu.edu or fax 703-993-2631 with the following:
  • Unofficial copy of high school transcript
  • Most recent 1040 federal income tax form
  • Statement on why you would like to attend WJMC, including why you believe you are deserving of a scholarship
[font]Deadline is Decebmber 9,  and you will know if you received a scholarship by December 16. [/font] 16x16_smiley-happy

Jump to Board: