Solved! Go to Solution.
Sponsors
Message #1
Solved: 04-29-2017, 11:59 PM 04-29-2017, 11:59 PM Sponsors
Hello all,

Up until now, I did not know that we needed to find sponsors. Can someone please explain to me what's supposed to happen/what should I do?
Message #2
Solved: 04-29-2017, 11:59 PM 04-29-2017, 11:59 PM RE: Sponsors
Good evening, Andrew,

Welcome to our Community Forums!  I'd be happy to clarify your questions surrounding the process of obtaining a sponsorship for WYSE.

We understand that the cost of attendance for WYSE may be higher than some families originally anticipated, so we offer a few different options for those who wish to attend the Summit but cannot make the full payment up-front.  We do offer payment plans for students who wish to pay off their tuition balance over the course of a few months, with the entire balance being due by May 15, 2017.  Additionally, we opened the application for partial need-based scholarships at the end of 2016, but regrettably those have all been awarded.

However, we do encourage students to fundraise by reaching out to individuals and organizations that may be able to help fund ("sponsor") the student's trip to WYSE.  I would encourage you to take a look at our Fundraising Guide for more information on how to go about beginning your fundraising journey.

If you have any questions now or down the road, please don't hesitate to let us know.  Thanks for posting!
Sam
Social Media Supervisor 
The Washington Scholars Program

Private Message
Remember to give Kudos if you like a post or Accept as Solution if it answers your query!
Message #3
Are Sponsors necessary for when I go to the Sumit?
Drew Seipel
Message #4
Hey again, Drew,

Fundraising and finding individuals or organizations to sponsor you is not required for you to attend WYSE.  We merely present this as an option for students who wish to take advantage of it.

I hope this clarifies your concerns, but if you need anything else please feel free to bring it to my attention.

Sincerely,
Sam
Social Media Supervisor 
The Washington Scholars Program

Private Message
Remember to give Kudos if you like a post or Accept as Solution if it answers your query!
Solved! Go to Solution.

Jump to Board: